Our tutors all have substantial experience as practitioners, talent and enthusiasm for teaching and a gift for making complex concepts simple. They come from a variety of backgrounds including blue chip companies, global investment banks and international financial public relations consultancies and have all completed our "train the trainer" programme.
David was friendly, helpful, clear and accessible
David has been working with FinanceTalking since 2009 after nearly thirty years in the City as a corporate lawyer, investment banker and financial PR specialist.
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1982. Joined Linklaters & Paines, specializing in capital markets and corporate law.
- Joined the corporate finance division of Robert Fleming, London based merchant bank, in 1984. Spent three years on secondment with Jardine Fleming in Australia between 1987 and 1990.
- Began his Financial PR career in 1995 with Gavin Anderson & Co.
- Joined Financial Dynamics (FD) as a partner at the end of 1998 and commenced their coverage of the Life Sciences sector.
- Retired from FD in March 2009 following sale of the company to FTI Technologies Inc. of the US.
During his financial PR career in the City, David built a reputation as one of the leading practitioners in London and acquired experience in all aspects of the financial markets, particularly M&A and IPOs. Together with his experience in the law and the investment banking sector, he has an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the City, the roles that each of the institutions play in the markets and how business is covered by the media.