Our tutors all have substantial experience as practitioners, talent and enthusiasm for teaching and a gift for making complex concepts simple. They come from a variety of backgrounds including blue chip companies, global investment banks and international financial public relations consultancies and have all completed our "train the trainer" programme.
David is friendly, approachable, clear & enthusiastic. David was an incredible tutor - knowledge and patience helped make the course enjoyable
David has been working with FinanceTalking since 2009 after nearly thirty years in the City as a corporate lawyer, investment banker and financial PR specialist.
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1982. Joined Linklaters & Paines, specializing in capital markets and corporate law.
- Joined the corporate finance division of Robert Fleming, London based merchant bank, in 1984. Spent three years on secondment with Jardine Fleming in Australia between 1987 and 1990.
- Began his Financial PR career in 1995 with Gavin Anderson & Co.
- Joined Financial Dynamics (FD) as a partner at the end of 1998 and commenced their coverage of the Life Sciences sector.
- Retired from FD in March 2009 following sale of the company to FTI Technologies Inc. of the US.
During his financial PR career in the City, David built a reputation as one of the leading practitioners in London and acquired experience in all aspects of the financial markets, particularly M&A and IPOs. Together with his experience in the law and the investment banking sector, he has an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the City, the roles that each of the institutions play in the markets and how business is covered by the media.