Our tutors all have substantial experience as practitioners, talent and enthusiasm for teaching and a gift for making complex concepts simple. They come from a variety of backgrounds including blue chip companies, global investment banks and international financial public relations consultancies and have all completed our "train the trainer" programme.
Helen was an excellent teacher: engaging, patient, positive and interesting.
I expected the course to be first rate, but Helen’s personal contribution exceeded expectations
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1993 and became a Fellow in 2004
- 13 years in financial roles in industry following business advisory roles in Accountancy firms
- Worked for Unilever as Director of Group Accounting Developments
- Worked as Financial Controller in manufacturing industries
- Freelance financial reporting consultant, specialising in IFRS and other accounting issues
- Helen has had strong PLC head office experience, backed up with some first class operational experience. She is technically strong and is an expert on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) but is also skilled at making accounting jargon and concepts easily understandable by non-accountants.
Helen’s corporate background gives her a good insight into the practical issues surrounding accounting and reporting, whilst her experience as a tutor for FinanceTalking has given her a strong understanding of corporate communications.