Helen has been working with FinanceTalking since 2007 alongside her financial reporting consultancy business where she works on a variety of clients in a range of business sectors.
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1993 and became a Fellow in 2004
- 13 years in financial roles in industry following business advisory roles in Accountancy firms
- Worked for Unilever as Director of Group Accounting Developments
- Worked as Financial Controller in manufacturing industries
- Freelance financial reporting consultant, specialising in IFRS and other accounting issues
- Helen has had strong PLC head office experience, backed up with some first class operational experience. She is technically strong and is an expert on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) but is also skilled at making accounting jargon and concepts easily understandable by non-accountants.
Helen’s corporate background gives her a good insight into the practical issues surrounding accounting and reporting, whilst her experience as a tutor for FinanceTalking has given her a strong understanding of corporate communications.