Preview this Course
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundle:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Introduction to Capital Markets – Online Course (C1MOnline)
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
Learn how the capital markets work and how companies raise capital by issuing bonds and shares. You will understand the key concepts and jargon and the role of investment banks. We also cover major types of investor on the buy-side and the role of analysts on the sell-side.
- Understand capital markets, how companies issue shares and bonds and how they are traded
- Appreciate the role of investment banks
- See the perspectives of key participants such as sell-side analysts, ratings agencies and investors
- Learn lots of financial jargon and concepts
What you will learn
- Financial markets and instruments – definitions
- Characteristics of bonds and shares
Companies and Funding
- Raising capital – syndicated loans, bonds and shares
- IPOs and secondary issues
- Where the capital comes from
- The role of investment banks
- Regulations for listed companies
Stock Markets and Indices
- Stock markets and trading platforms
- Indices and jargon
- Stock market performance
- Stock markets around the world
- Portfolio managers
- Sell-side analysts
- Ratings agencies
- Market expectations
Summary and Conclusion
- How it all fits together
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).