Preview this Course
To get the most out of this course, you should have completed the following:
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the following course bundle:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Understanding Financial Results and Annual Reports – Online Course (F4MOnline)
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
If you need to know how to analyse financial information as part of your job or if you are responsible for communicating financial results, this course is a perfect way of getting to grips with the numbers and key ratios. We use retail giant, Walmart to make the learning real.
- Interpret the information in a company’s financial results and annual report
- Use key ratios to assess performance
- Evaluate a company’s profitability, cash generation and financial strength
What you will learn
- Users of financial information
- Financial statements reminder
Shareholder Value Recap
- Return on equity
- Understanding leverage
- Return on capital employed (ROCE)
- What the financial statements tell us
Reviewing the Balance Sheet
- Capital management including leverage/gearing ratios
- Capital allocation, including capex and working capital efficiency ratios
Reviewing the Income Statement
- Understanding growth and margins
- GAAP and non-GAAP measures
- Operational leverage/gearing
Reviewing the Cash Flow Statement
- Profits vs cash flows
- Free cash flow
Return on Capital
- Typical calculations
- Interpreting the result
- How it all fits together
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).