Upcoming Course Dates
- Thanks for an extremely enjoyable day yesterday; you really made the learning experience easy, the course was well structured, professionally delivered, and your genuine enthusiasm was infectious!
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
An online equivalent of this course is available with immediate access.
The following courses are closely related to this course.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers Intro London
1-Day Introductory Skills
BUY ONE PLACE GET ONE HALF PRICE – Email us to book.
This course, designed for non-financial managers, uses the FinanceTalking accounting game to show you how accounting works. By the end of the day you will have a good understanding of how the income statement (P&L), balance sheet and cash flows fit together. You will appreciate the role of financial management and you will see how to apply your learning to a real company example. We teach in small groups so that you can be sure of individual attention.
- Get to grips with how accountants think and be able to use the language of finance
- Understand how the key financial statements fit together
- Appreciate the relationship between profits and cash flows
- Understand the key drivers of profitability
- Be able to link the numbers with underlying business activities
- Gain an understanding of both management information and financial accounts.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day at one of wallacespace’s lovely venues
- A folder containing all your course materials
- A copy of our printed financial glossary
- Briefing papers, online courses and quizzes available after your course via a virtual classroom
- Access to our tutors by phone or email should you have any questions after your course
After the course, you will have access for 4 months to the following eLearning courses which will help you consolidate your knowledge:
What you will learn
The Big Picture
- Who owns your business and what do they want?
- The purpose of financial information
- The FinanceTalking accounting game
- Building up a balance sheet
- Recording profits
- Levels of profits – gross profit, contribution,
EBITDA, operating profit etc
- Impact of changing prices and volumes
- Impact of fixed and variable costs
- Capex and opex
- Understanding working capital
- How cash flows through the business
Introduction to Financial Management
- Budgets – definitions, examples and problems
- Using management information
- The role of investment appraisal
Real Company Review
- Reviewing the balance sheet
- Reviewing the income statement
- How is the company performing?
Summary & conclusion
- Jargon review
- How to learn more
How you will learn
We start from scratch, showing you how the income statement and balance sheet build up and demonstrating the importance of cash, using our proprietary accounting game. Using this simulation, we help you to understand the financial impact of business decisions.
We also make suggestions as to how you can implement what you have learnt after the course – ensuring that you return to your desk in a position to carry out your duties even more effectively.