Upcoming Course Dates
This course is run in conjunction with NIRI.
Bookings will be made via their website.
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
The following courses are closely related to this course.
Telling a Great Investment Story – Pre-conference
6-hours Developing Skills
Understand what shareholder value really means both to shareholders and for companies. This course will tackle key corporate finance issues such as cost of capital and company valuation and we will demonstrate, with examples from companies who do it well, how to tell a great investment story.
Who should attend?
- IR practitioners who would like to be more familiar with the language of the C-suite
- Anyone working in a communications role who would like to see finance from a communications perspective
- Newcomers to IR and corporate communications who are responsible for telling their company’s investment story
- Understand what shareholder value really means
- Appreciate the key drivers of value creation and learn how to communicate them effectively
- See the link with company valuation and what drives share prices
- Be able to put together the key elements of a great investment story.
What you will learn
- Overview of the capital markets
- Providers of capital and what they expect
- Shareholder value – what it really means
- The shareholders’ perspective on value creation
- Management’s perspective and key tasks
- Capital management and allocation
- Driving growth and returns
- How companies are valued – overview
- Intrinsic value
- Valuation using multiples
- Key drivers of value
- The role of expectations management
- The link with internal financial management
- Setting the scene and describing the opportunity
- Communicating capital management and allocation
- Communicating growth and returns
- Long-term vision, medium-term targets and guidance
- Linking with senior management incentives
- Dealing with problems
- Example from companies who do it well