Upcoming Course Dates
This course is run in conjunction with NIRI.
Bookings will be made via their website.
To get the most out of this course, you should have completed the following:
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The following courses are closely related to this course.
Understanding & Evaluating M&A – NIRI Virtual
4 hours Developing Skills
If your company or your clients get involved in M&A, then this course is a must. It will show you how investors, analysts and the financial media evaluate deals from a strategic and financial perspective, including deal funding – everything you need to understand whether or not a deal creates value.
- Appreciate the rationales for deals and the perspective of investors/analysts
- Ba able to evaluate the deal from both sides
- Understand what needs to be communicated
- Access to a virtual classroom with a series of online courses to help you consolidate your learning
- Colour-coded course materials
- A copy of The FinanceTalking Financial Glossary (pdf)
- Email or phone your tutor if you have questions
After the course, you will have access for 4 months to the following eLearning courses which will help you consolidate your knowledge:
What you will learn
The Big Picture
- Why companies do deals – good and bad reasons
- Impact of the external environment
- Who gets the best deal – seller or buyer?
- Typical deal timeline
- Equity funded deals
- Debt funded deals
- Why a mixture is often most appropriate
- Impact on EPS and on value creation
- Impact on EPS – dilution and accretion
- Value creation and how to measure it
- Short cuts used by LEX (FT), Heard on the Street (WSJ), and Breakingviews
- Real life examples – good and not so good
Summary and Conclusion
How you will learn
We use Zoom to deliver our virtual events
- Very simple to use
- Access the event on your laptop or tablet (or even your phone)
- Discussions and case studies via breakout groups
- Quizzes and polls