Preview this Course
To get the most out of this course, you should have completed the following:
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Understanding Company Valuation – Online Course (V2online)
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of how listed companies are valued. We look at the whole investment decision-making process, covering discounted cash flow valuation and valuation using multiples; and we look at how companies can communicate with the financial markets with a view to achieving fair value.
- Understand the investment decision-making process
- See how companies are valued using discounted cash flow (DCF) techniques
- Appreciate how companies can be valued using a range of multiples
- Understand how analysts and investors build their models
- Make the link between communication and value.
What you will learn
- Drivers of company value
- Introduction to fundamental value
- Enterprise or equity?
- The cost of capital
The Investment Appraisal Process
- Context for valuation
- Sector and company prospects
- Financial analysis
- Valuation methodologies
- Introduction to DCF valuation
- Compounding and discounting
- Case study: Walmart DCF valuation
- DCF for private companies
- The price/earnings ratio
- Interpreting multiples
- Using EV multiples
- Valuing assets
- Dividend yield
- Valuing a conglomerate
- Valuation problems
- Case study: Walmart valuation
The Investment Decision
- Example research report
- The recommendation or investment decision
Communicating for Value
- Influencing valuation
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).