Preview this Course
To get the most out of this course, you should have completed the following:
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundle:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Introduction to Investor Relations & Financial PR – Online Course (C2Online)
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
Following on from “Introduction to Capital Markets”, learn the fundamentals of Investor Relations and financial PR, including typical objectives, activities and communication strategies. You will understand what makes your target audiences tick and how best to communicate with them, whilst remaining within the regulations.
- Understand the context for Investor Relations and financial PR activities
- Appreciate how your key target audiences think and how best to interact with them
- Gain an overview of the rules and regulations for financial communications globally, including the financial calendar
What you will learn
- Capital markets recap
- Objectives of financial communications
- Why does share price matter?
Regulations for Listed Companies
- Regulations overview
- Avoiding market abuse
- Dealing with price-sensitive information
- Making information public
- Financial calendar in Europe and the USA
- What it means for IR and financial PR
Financial Communications In-House
- Corporate communications – who does what?
- Typical reporting lines
- IR policy
Key Financial Audiences
- Portfolio managers
- Sell-side analysts
- Financial media
- Writing news releases
Summary and Conclusion
- Typical IR activities
- Typical financial PR activities
- Typical financial communications programme
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).
Introduction to Capital Markets