- Overall the course was extremely well put together
Preview this Course
To get the most out of this course, you should have completed the following:
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Understanding Shareholder Value – Online Course (V1Online)
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of shareholder value, including what it means from a shareholder’s point of view; what it means from a company’s point of view; the levers a company can pull to create more value and making the link with strategic actions that drive value creation.
- Understand what shareholder value really means
- See how companies drive value internally and externally
- Understand the cost of capital and efficient balance sheets
- Make the link with strategic actions that drive value creation
What you will learn
- The shareholders’ perspective on value creation
- Total shareholder returns
- Dividend policy and retaining profits
The Company’s Perspective
- Return on equity
- Understanding leverage/gearing
- Return on capital employed
- Economic profit
- Driving growth at the required return
- Characteristics of equity & debt
- Cost of capital and weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Strong, weak and “efficient” balance sheets
- Changing the capital structure
Allocating Capital to Drive Profitable Growth
- Capital allocation
- Capital allocation examples
Summary and Conclusion
- Driving growth
- Driving returns
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).