- Very good, especially all the jargon
Preview this Course
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
The Basics of Business Finance – Essentials Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
This course is designed to give you a good understanding of the basics of business finance. You will learn how businesses are funded and what the money’s used for; how they make profits and generate cash; how to measure business performance; where to find the information you’ll need. You’ll see how income statements and balance sheets work and you’ll also understand key financial jargon, concepts and commonly used financial metrics.
- Develop a good understanding of the basics of business finance
- Learn lots of key concepts and financial language
- See how financial statements work and how they are used
- See how to calculate commonly used financial metrics
What you will learn
Where the money comes from
- Funding options and characteristics
- Typical company funding
- Cost of capital
What the Money is Spent on
- Types of asset
- Balance sheet jargon
- Depreciation and amortisation
- Net debt and net working capital
- Reviewing a real balance sheet
How much profit does the business make
- Income statement jargon
- Who uses what
- Adjusted profit and EBITDA
- Impact of changing prices and volumes
- Income statement analysis
- Reviewing a real income statement
Does the business generate cash
- Making profits versus generating cash
- How cash flows work
- How the three statements fit together
Is it worth the effort
- Return on investment
- Economic profit
Summary and conclusion
- Where to find the information
How you will learn
Our online financial training courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
- We break down each course into bite-sized chunks so that you can do 5 or 10 minutes at a time on your smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you like so long as you have an internet connection and headphones.
- You will find plenty of visuals, audio and interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point.
- Our personalised approach means that you can email or phone your tutor if you have questions.
- We will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
- You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).