Introduction to Companies, Funding & the Capital Markets – Essentials Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
This course covers the basics of financial markets and instruments; how the capital markets work and the role of key participants; how companies access the capital markets and what it means to be a listed company.
- Understand capital markets, how companies issue shares and bonds and how they are traded
- Appreciate the role of investment banks
- See the perspectives of key participants such as sell-side analysts, ratings agencies and investors
- Learn lots of financial jargon and concepts
What you will learn
Financial Markets & Instruments
- Financial markets
- Financial instruments
Equity, Debt & the Capital Mix
- Funding options
- Characteristics of debt & equity
- The capital mix & leverage
- How capital markets work
- Initial public offers
- Bonds and shares
- The role of investment banks
- Who does what?
- Financial regulation
- What is a bond?
- How are bonds priced?
Stock Markets & Indices
- Global stock markets & indices
- Bubbles and crashes
Investors & Fund Managers
- Making the link with your investments
- Types of fund & investment styles
- Sell-side analysts
- Rating analysts
Being a Listed Company
- What’s expected?
- Managing expectations
- Why does share price matter?
How you will learn
Our online financial training courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
- We break down each course into bite-sized chunks so that you can do 5 or 10 minutes at a time on your smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you like so long as you have an internet connection and headphones.
- You will find plenty of visuals, audio and interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point.
- Our personalised approach means that you can email or phone your tutor if you have questions.
- We will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
- You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).