- I enjoyed the online course. It was user friendly and the material is relevant to my work
Preview this Course
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The course below will complement your chosen course.
Introduction to Companies, Funding & the Capital Markets – Essentials Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
This course covers the basics of financial markets and instruments; how the capital markets work and the role of key participants; how companies access the capital markets and what it means to be a listed company.
- Understand capital markets, how companies issue shares and bonds and how they are traded
- Appreciate the role of investment banks
- See the perspectives of key participants such as sell-side analysts, ratings agencies and investors
- Learn lots of financial jargon and concepts
What you will learn
- Financial markets
- Financial instruments
Equity, Debt & the Capital Mix
- Funding options
- Characteristics of debt & equity
- The capital mix & leverage
- How capital markets work
- Initial public offers
- Bonds and shares
- The role of investment banks
- Who does what?
- Financial regulation
- What is a bond?
- How are bonds priced?
- Global stock markets & indices
- Bubbles and crashes
Investors & Fund Managers
- Making the link with your investments
- Types of fund & investment styles
- Sell-side analysts
- Rating analysts
Being a Listed Company
- What’s expected?
- Managing expectations
- Why does share price matter?
How you will learn
Our online financial training courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
- We break down each course into bite-sized chunks so that you can do 5 or 10 minutes at a time on your smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you like so long as you have an internet connection and headphones.
- You will find plenty of visuals, audio and interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point.
- Our personalised approach means that you can email or phone your tutor if you have questions.
- We will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
- You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).