- Another excellent course thanks!
Preview this Course
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundle:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Budgeting and Forecasting – Essentials Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
Learn all about budgeting and forecasting. This course will help you understand how to go about preparing a budget including what information you’ll need to ask for before you start and how to review your numbers for reasonableness. You’ll see how to use typical monthly reports and learn how to input to the forecasting process.
- Learn to prepare and review a budget
- Understand the role of forecasting
- Be familiar with cost types and behaviours
- Gain confidence using budgets including variance analysis and other month-end issues
What you will learn
- Budget techniques
- Phasing your budget
- Timing of revenues and costs
- Cost behaviour
- Impact of changing volumes and prices
- How to prepare your budget
- How to review your budget
- Comparing actuals to budget
- Month-end issues
- Why forecast?
- The forecasting process
- Typical reports – month, year to date and full year
- Putting it all together
Summary and conclusion
How you will learn
Our online financial training courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
- We break down each course into bite-sized chunks so that you can do 5 or 10 minutes at a time on your smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you like so long as you have an internet connection and headphones.
- You will find plenty of visuals, audio and interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point.
- Our personalised approach means that you can email or phone your tutor if you have questions.
- We will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
- You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).