If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Understanding Financial Statements Bundle – Online Course
4-6 Hours Introductory Skills
This course bundle contains five of our courses in one: The Basics of Business Finance, Adjusted Profits, Understanding Cash Flows, Leverage & How Much is Too Much? & How to Analyse a Company, for which you can view the full programmes below.
Courses forming this bundle
This course is designed to give you a good understanding of the basics of business finance. You will learn how businesses are funded and what the money’s used for; how they make profits and generate cash; how to measure business performance; where to find the information you’ll need. You’ll see how income statements and balance sheets work and you’ll also understand key financial jargon, concepts and commonly used financial metrics.
This course will give you a good understanding of what companies mean by “adjusted” or “underlying” profits and the advantages and pitfalls of using these numbers.
Approximately 40 minutes.
In this course we cover the difference between profits and cash flows, we look at cash flow statements and we consider the impact of working capital management on cash generation.
Approximately 40 minutes.
This course looks at leverage (gearing). We cover what makes a company suitable for high leverage, how to measure it and we consider how much is too much, using real examples.
Approximately 50 minutes.
Learn how to analyse a company in just 20 minutes with a series of 6 steps that will give you a quick and easy view of how a company’s doing.
Whether you’re looking from the point of view of a supplier, a lender, an investor or a potential employee, by the end of the course you’ll be in a good position to make an assessment of how the business is performing, whether it is financially sound and what the future is likely to hold.
How you will learn
Our online financial training courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
- We break down each course into bite-sized chunks so that you can do 5 or 10 minutes at a time on your smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you like so long as you have an internet connection and headphones.
- You will find plenty of visuals, audio and interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point.
- Our personalised approach means that you can email or phone your tutor if you have questions.
- We will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
- You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).